Friday, October 14, 2011

Four Fabulous Days with Energy Healer Donna Eden


GREAT NEWS!  An extraordinary experience this past weekend has convinced us to teach Survival Skills for the 21st Century™ again in 2012. Our class includes a variety of essential techniques. But what spurred the decision, after a four-year hiatus, was our attendance at a rare, four-day Donna Eden Advanced Energy Medicine class.

Called “Energy, Intuition, and Eden's Way," it was held at the incongruous Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. Following are pictures, thoughts, and anecdotes from this exciting weekend.


Donna, if you don’t know, is the author and pioneer of Eden Energy Medicine with her husband and co-author David Feinstein, Ph.D. They are also leaders and pioneers in the hot new field of Energy Psychology.

We began our studies with them in 2002, prior to their implementation of certification programs. From 2004 through 2008, during our stay in Michigan, we taught basic courses in EEM to the general public (in addition to other Survival Skills), as well as maintaining a private practice. Since our move back to San Diego, we’ve focused on our publishing ventures, but we wouldn’t survive ourselves if we didn’t use a myriad of EEM techniques every single day! It has saved us sooo many times …

In addition to the few photos we managed to take, I wanted to capture my random observations of the rarified atmosphere inside one of Donna and David’s workshops before they evaporate in the cold light of the external world.

I wish we’d taken more pictures throughout—for instance of the sea of two hundred-some advanced practitioners spread out on blankets, chairs, and massage tables for the most intensive parts of this hands-on class. But of course, our own hands and minds were very busy at that moment.

I was also distracted by watching the colors dancing in Donna’s aura as she treated someone on a massage table, while at the same time teaching into a microphone so she could be videotaped for posterity. During the short time I had to focus on it, and with the limitations of my vision, I saw a huge column of turquoise shooting out the top of her head, straight up about three feet or more. (Joseph also noted this turquoise color at another time; she's known to be a Blue Life Color, so perhaps this is her unique shade of blue.) This turquoise energy moved and danced around her head as she alternately gave her energy to the lucky soul on her table, and to the students following her instructions throughout the crammed hotel ballroom. There were other colors as well, but yellow also glowed in and out prominently.

The energy closely surrounding her never remained calm (as you might guess from her animated way of being). But far out in her extended aura glowed a radiant band of Gold that stretched further than I could trace it in my conscious awareness. It circled around that central activity in a relatively static, misty golden oval, with fine rays shooting off into infinity, looking very much like the energy cloak of saints you might see in a classic painting. I’m just sayin’ … and you know I’m not one to worship these visionaries like Donna who fortunately grace our planet from time to time. I’m just sayin’ she visibly works with some of the Best and Brightest in the universe, being one herself. J I’m so fortunate to know her!

I’ve seen one other aura of Gold like that in my limited experience of gazing at auras.

(Note: Ruth Norman’s aura was so extensive it wasn’t something you looked at, and at the time I had not yet practiced looking at visible auras. No need. Hers was something that first hit you about a mile from her house and requires a book to explain. It’s called Biography of an Archangel and I channeled it in 1989.)

I’m speaking of one I saw years after that, on a massage therapist, just a guy we met by “coincidence” who wanted to build a massive healing center in Northern Michigan so badly, he’d even had the plans sketched and hoped to raise funds to hire another visionary: architect Eugene Tsui. At the time Joseph and I had held similar dreams, which we immediately relinquished when we met this more appropriate man, so that we could focus on our publishing ventures. Wherever you are now, Roy, we wish you well! (I did mention that these are random thoughts, right?)

Donna also talked about her tendency to think and work in circles instead of lines, which I truly loved hearing. I’d been trying to explain that to a co-worker on a particular project recently. Joseph has pointed out that I always move in circles, coming back again and again but rarely going directly from Point A to Point B. For example, I’ll say, “It’s time for us to leave,” and then go off and do six other things before I actually go out the door. I thought that was normal. He says it’s circular.

We circular thinkers and doers follow a spiral pattern through life, which mimics how energy travels in higher-dimensional realms and how it steps down into this third-dimensional world, where energy then travels, not exactly in a straight line, but along a sine wave, rippling up and down like the waves on the ocean.
 

Since these are very personal musings on the weekend’s experience, I’ll mention another of my tendencies which has been giving me fits of late. My face, at rest, shapes into a frown. I’d like to blame my early childhood but I know better; it traces back lifetimes, a very bad energy habit. It got worse when I worked as a book editor, so I don’t do that anymore. Joseph has made it his life’s work to keep me smiling and laughing, very successfully, I might add. So if my face doesn’t get the idea in this lifetime, perhaps I’ll do better in the next!

But Donna! I kept snapping shots of her on the last day, just to see if I could catch her NOT grinning.
Even when she’s listening to someone, her face rests in a grin! No wonder the room is so full of joy whenever she’s teaching!
What a wonderful role model for me, even if that were the only thing I learned from her.  But it’s not, of course—there’s so much more, don’t expect me to fit it all into this little blog post. But I have noticed myself laughing a lot more since the class ended, and even smiling when I’m all alone.

(The pictures may be a little blurry because she's also rarely still.)

So if she’s always grinning, how can you tell when she’s really happy and excited, eh? Well, Joseph captured one version of that I'll show you in a minute.

Now, a lot of people have been excited when they first saw a copy of my reincarnation love story, Cosmic Dancer, with that beautiful painting on the cover by Josephine Wall. But when Donna signed our copies of her books, Energy Medicine and Energy Medicine for Women, and greeted us in a most wonderful way, I promised to give her a copy of Cosmic Dancer at the end of class because the one we mailed to her never reached its destination.

Of course, at the end of class she is besieged by people and she can’t dream of saying no to anyone, so her many helpers gently fend them off and lead her to a book-signing table where they try (unsuccessfully) to curb her enthusiasm somewhat, so that all have their turn with the special energy force called Donna. But she’d told us to do this, so I leaped out with the book as she was being dragged past and Joseph snapped pictures.


She said many nice, loving, excited things. I am still glowingly happy to report that we both got, not only Donna hugs this weekend, but Donna kisses and compliments as well. Very special.

And then there was the matter of the Crystal Energizers Joseph and I and a few of our Michigan students have been experimenting with for more than six years.

I won’t go into all the details of what they are and what they do—not here, not yet. Just to say that they have, in many cases we’ve tested with but a few noted exceptions, both prevented and cured a homolateral condition. We even had ourselves tested for lead exposure after six years of use. (We’re normal.) But we refused to tell others about this healing phenomenon we’d been led to “discover” until we had Donna’s evaluation.

So at our reunion the day before, after she pointed out that we have a lovely figure-eight energy pattern linking the two of us, we’d briefly explained to Donna that we needed her to see if, by using these crystals ourselves, we were in any way weakening our energy fields. She said to see her after class and she’d do some tests on us.

The opportunity came at the end of the third day. I don’t know how Joseph catapulted himself from working on me on a massage table at the very back of the room, over a football field’s length through prone bodies and obstacles, but he was suddenly up front, first in line after she’d asked for questions on any topic.

Donna remembered what he was going to ask when she saw him, but wise coordinators around her made them wait for microphones for the video recording and so everyone could hear. Joseph got his “15 minutes of fame” on Donna’s stage and explained what the crystals were doing for us and our students who’ve tried them. Donna tested him without the crystal and pronounced it this way: “I can’t say if they would work for everyone, but they are definitely working for the two of you! Because of your own sparkling, crystal energy!”

So now we’re full speed ahead on our book about using Crystal Energizers to keep mental and physical fatigue at bay, no matter what kind of electronic interference your bio-energy fields are exposed to. (And in this high-tech society, that’s a LOT!) It occurred to us that our energy fields might appear to be sparkling and crystalline precisely because we use these lead crystals in a very specific way. ??? Is that what she meant? Or did she mean they worked because we were already sparkly and crystalline? (We do many things to keep them that way.) Sigh. We still need all of you to try Crystal Energizers, so there’ll be more to come on this subject! They’re not something we want to sell but something we want to teach many people how to use properly. And then we’ll all find out the answer to our chicken-or-egg question.

Did I mention that Donna sees all the systems of human energy? No, wait, that’s a little too broad because we are infinite energy beings. Let’s say that, for sure, she sees the nine systems we Eden Energy Medicine practitioners learn to work with, and probably a whole lot more beyond that. I mean visibly sees. Many of us sense or feel energy, or intuit it, or are told of it by spiritual assistants. We can learn to see some of it eventually, and sense a lot of it, but I’ll venture that few if any of us see it in such detail at the present time (no limitations on the future, though!).

But Donna has always seen human energy fields since she was a child. No one told her not to, or that others didn’t see energy fields around people, by which she learned to govern her life. So I think her private practice as a healer began as a result of that seeing, and over the decades and many experiences you can read about in her books or watch on her videos, Eden Energy Medicine grew into what it is now, with the excellent and essential help of her linear-thinking husband/polarity and co-author, psychologist David Feinstein. Together, they've documented and teach methods that others can learn and apply. By using muscle-testing and other techniques, we’re able to help clients in a private practice, as well as ourselves through the many self-help techniques.

It was awe-inspiring and thrilling to sit in that ballroom with hundreds of highly-trained, skilled, gifted healers who’ve been studying with Donna for years, including many on this occasion whom she had not seen for a long time. Lots of them were also relatively new to the field, but they are now studying as members of the new Eden Energy Medicine Certification Program (CP). Many others had already graduated from it and maintain private practices throughout the U.S. and beyond. Several in the room raised their hands as conventional medical practitioners (doctors, acupuncturists, and such like), plenty work as massage therapists and other non-traditional healers, and some few are psychologists, there to learn Energy Medicine to complement their studies of Energy Psychology.

I have always teared up every time Donna has looked into my energy fields, as I feel her energies connect with mine. Her Powerful energies, I should say. But I must admit that there were so many wonderful and extraordinary stories and examples and things presented and explained by Donna, David, their teaching assistants, and their students all weekend, that I found myself fighting back tears of joy and excitement time after time. (Joseph felt similarly, so I know it wasn’t just an excess of estrogen in the room!)

Such wonderful changes are in store for the world with all of these individuals on the job! They are extraordinarily wonderful people, these dedicated healers.

My first impression when we walked into that crowded room last weekend was, Wow! These people dress so beautifully! Color, swirl, flow, even some sparkle! Most of the students were women, but not all. On men, I saw feathers in the hair and pirate shirts, and Joseph wearing spiritual t-shirt art.

Elton John as energy healer? Definitely! The sign on the Hard Rock Hotel display case says he actually wore this outfit on numerous occasions. (This sort of memorabilia is everywhere in the Hard Rock.)

I love this kind of dressing! If you know me, you know I’ve always loved sparkly things, and when I met Ruth Norman, my tastes were only reinforced. Someday I’ll try to explain the psychic ways that particular Cosmic Visionary worked (and works) with my wardrobe. But this group puzzled me. I’ve known so many women of a certain age in conservative locales who dressed in ways my grandmother would call dowdy, and I knew that many of the women filling up the corridors of the Hard Rock Hotel with color and swirl last weekend came from such places.

(Random side observation: What a contrast with the clusters of young women arriving in the Gaslamp Quarter on Friday and Saturday nights, all in their tight, short, nearly-identical black nightclubbing uniforms, er, dresses, teetering on their dangerously tall heels, looking for some action! You know, in the 1800s, Wyatt Earp owned several brothels in the area; it was the red-light district, full of bars and brawls. It hasn’t changed that much, which makes the old underlying energy currents fully reinforced in the present, unlike the similarly historical Design District where I worked in San Francisco. There, the former red-light district was filled in the 1980s with trendy architectural firms and furniture showrooms, which did not regenerate that lower frequency as San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter does. But the Gaslamp celebrates its shady history, in fact. And it is quite truly and notoriously haunted as well. Looking at those young girls, you can’t help but think they’ve just reincarnated back to a familiar locale. Sad, huh? To think young women today are indistinguishable from the actual prostitutes who linger in front of the hotels in the area. The Gaslamp, you see, is connected to the waterfront location of the San Diego Convention Center, and the new baseball stadium. But back to our energy healers, so strikingly out of place here!) 

Later Donna, also admiring the crowd, told a story of an early class she taught in Florida, when all her students showed up in sweats. By the end of the weekend, they had all gone out and bought what she calls “energy clothes,” flowing velvets and soft fabrics that move gracefully around the body.

The guy in the flowing pirate shirts piped up and explained that at an early class he was helping to move a table onstage, wearing his customary polo shirt and shorts, and Donna blurted out, “_____, we’ve got to do something about your wardrobe!”

Ah-ha! I thought. She’s encouraged them to dress this way! But now I think it’s more like this: Once Donna’s students start to think of themselves as the energy beings we are, and start to work with their hands and bodies consciously dipped into that energy, I think Donna’s example is only a part of the equation, as Ruth Norman’s influence was for me. They are dressing to express what they now know and feel about themselves and the sea of energy in which we all flow.

So what a feeling in that room! Electrifying indeed! And when we did an exercise together, all in unison, wow. I am SOOoooo glad Joseph and I chose to attend, when we thought we couldn’t afford it. We just did it anyway, and it was priceless.

We are still processing all the Advanced Energy Medicine techniques we were exposed to this weekend, and we’re still experiencing the results of the treatments we did on one another. We’ll do more repetitions this coming weekend, alone in our own crystalline energy cocoon without distraction in order to cement our understanding.

[Note: Be sure to read the blog post that comes after this one! It's all about the after-effects of stirring up so much energy, particularly the past-life associations.]

As for the Hard Rock Hotel. Well. We’re very glad we could come home and sleep in our own bed. We heard tales of loud rock music blaring at 2 a.m., since the hotel itself is considered a hot night spot for the hordes of young partiers, and the entire Gaslamp Quarter is much the same, especially on weekends. When Donna and David apologized for the choice, they explained that when they did their site visit, the hotel had piped in the mellow 1940s music Donna had told them she liked (instead of the rock and hip-hop we all heard last weekend). They chose the hotel for the room in which they taught, which had high, high ceilings and tall windows that let in tons of natural light. I took a picture that pretty much explains that, but Donna spelled it out: She always seeks a room with high ceilings because the energy released in the work we do rises upward before dispersing.

I suspect there’s more she didn’t say, but that I saw: her own aura when teaching rises very high above her. When she explained that she couldn’t sleep in any room without high ceilings, what she didn’t say that I could see was how uncomfortable that would be for her. Of course her auric energies (and everyone’s), being interdimensional, would extend right through any physical barrier, but if she felt confined, I could certainly understand why. Makes sense, doesn’t it? You can fit into those tight jeans, but wouldn’t you be more comfortable in something looser?

Next year, when the first-ever International Gathering of the Eden Energy Medicine community happens in San Diego (IGEEM), it will be at a lovely Hilton on the shores of Mission Bay. We hope to be there—and hope you will too! It’s a convention, a teaching extravaganza, a weekend of joyful connections, and it’s not limited to Eden Energy Medicine practitioners but open to all, with classes that go beyond that discipline into other fascinating areas, with Bruce Lipton, Jean Houston, Candace Pert, James Oschman, and Alberto Villoldo as keynote speakers. I only sound like an advertisement because I think it’s going to be very cool indeed, and I keep thinking of friends I hope will come to it.

Back to our own classes, Joseph and I came away from this weekend with one other green light of approval: to once again include self-help Eden Energy Medicine in our Survival Skills for the 21st Century™ series in 2012!

We love to do this because we know that not everyone wants to train to become a practitioner (our classes will not be part of the official EEM Foundations or CP series). But everybody can dramatically improve their health and well-being with a variety of simple EEM techniques. This is our chosen role in the EEM community: to reach the general public with a relatively inexpensive way to sample EEM for yourself. We hope some of you will go on to further study once you see how valuable it is.

Other Survival Skills we’ll be teaching as soon as we find the right location will include Eating Wisely in a Wicked World; Understanding Life Colors; Past Lives and Polarities; and a new class in finding your own interdimensional attunement. (Teaching location suggestions welcome!)

Meanwhile, we’ll be working on two new books, one of which will be all about the Crystal Energizers and another—well, you’ll see. J

If you’d like to be notified about our books and classes, please send an email to info@cosvismb.com and we’ll add you to the list!

Tomorrow: After-Effects and Past-Life Continuities

No comments:

Post a Comment